Neck & Shoulders
- Course is 2 days in English / 3 if a translator is needed
- 14 Hours Domestic / 21 Hours with Translator
- No PMA CECs offered at this time
A study from the Harvard School of Public Health, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Microsoft showed that our constant interaction with screens can place the small, interlocking bones at the top of the spine (the cervical vertebrae) and the neck muscles into an unnatural posture. This can strain muscles, nerves, tendons, ligaments, and spinal discs.
Our work and communication has changed and is often accompanied by , forceful, and habitual motion that creates a lock down through our head , neck, shoulder girdle and ribcage. This creates a sense of restriction, pain, and immobility resulting in a suffocating sensation as well as a pressure breakdown that can cause issues in the gut, pelvis, hips, and lower extremities.
By gaining knowledge of the bodies synchronicity of movement and fullness of participation with every motion and breath we can reinstate the original way our body is suppose to feel and move. By implementing mindfulness techniques along with subtle and full body movements, we can slowly start to loosen the vice we have put on our upper body.
In this workshop you will learn essential assessment sequences designed to determine what actions to take with your clients. Awareness and release/activation sequences involving important structures like the Vertebromanubrial region, the first and second rib, the Scalenes, suboccipitals, SCM, Upper Traps, and Rhomboid minor ( o name a few) will be taught. You will learn mat and equipment exercises to ignite proper head, scapula, humerus, clavicle, and rib motion.
Join Jennifer Gianni for this exciting and very informative workshop. You will learn techniques that you can use to affect amazing changes in your clients right away.
- Explore the relationship between the shoulder girdle and the cervical and thoracic spine through imagery, touch and movement.
- Learn anatomy of the skull, jaw, spine, ribcage, shoulder girdle, arm and hand with specific movement sequences to address individually and as a whole.
- Learn Release work to prime the upper body for optimal organization and movement.
- Increase awareness and movement in thoracic spine with a special focus on rotation throughout and mobilization of T1 and T2.
- Learn how to synchronize and mobilize T1/T2, manubrium, clavicles and 1st and 2nd rib to increase optimal breathing.
- Increase awareness of scapula and clavicle and how to position the head of the arm bone in a good location regardless of where it is in space.
- Learn exercises to increase ability and awareness of optimal scapulothoracic and glenohumeral rhythm.
- Learn techniques to balance and strengthen the neck.
- Learn upper body considerations and techniques for special populations like pre and post natal clients.
There are no events currently scheduled. Please contact us if you would like to schedule a training in your studio.