GATHER WORKSHOP with Madeline Black
Gather is an immersion experience following Madeline Black’s book “Centered.” During the five days, you will explore movement through gait patterns, observing, palpating and cueing for extraordinary changes in the body. You will experience embodying the movement techniques with daily class, learn specialized techniques to change the function and structure of the body and develop clarity of your approach to physical training.
Gather brings together the movement theories and techniques following Madeline Black’s book “Centered.” During the five days, you will explore movement starting at the feet through the head with a whole body perspective. Learn to use gait patterning, observation, palpation and cueing for extraordinary changes in the body. You will experience embodying the movement techniques with daily class, learn specialized techniques to change the function and structure of the body and develop clarity of your approach to physical training.
- Immerse yourself in an educational experience that is palpable and immediately useful
- Improve your eye for identifying movement patterns
- Understand the design of human movement in all aspects of the body, musculoskeletal, fascial, organs, fluids and more
- Experience new techniques featured in “Immersive”
- Confirm your touch and movement guidance
- Improve your capabilities as a movement specialist
- Begin to see your clients in a whole body way, addressing their needs that create change in the body immediately
- Advance your teaching to a higher level of skill
- Expand your intuitive gift, we all have them!
- 30 PMA CEC’s
Gather Day by Day
Day 1: Introduction of the Madeline Black Method™ philosophy and movement theory approach, movement analysis to include gait patterning, movement of the ankle/feet and influence to the pelvis and spine
Day 2: Balancing and restoring function through movement for the feet and pelvis
Day 3: Trunk techniques focusing on the deep anterior spine, diaphragms and spine movement
Day 4: Shoulder girdle dysfunction and function, the relationship of the spine/ribs to the shoulder and neck
Day 5: Working whole body session
See what students say…
About Madeline Black’s Immersive Body Training
Regularly, after teaching a half or full day workshop, movement teachers ask me, “how can I apply this to my client who is….” In chat groups, so many questions arise, such as, what to do when I see this with my client. I know the movement teachers are well educated and experienced and still asking these questions. I decided that a new approach to offering more than education and new exercises, the teachers needed the space and time to build on what they know to evolve their process.
Three years ago, I began teaching an immersive body training program. My process in developing the program was an organic one. As teachers came together to study and practice with me, they expressed the desire for more time and more practice. My four-part series came to life. It began with “Gather” then evolved further into “Encompass”.
My vision bringing teachers into true integration and practical know-how is “Constellation”. I have been waiting for the right time to offer “Constellation”. The right time is when I felt the community of teachers, who complete and practice “Gather” and “Encompass”, were ready. The time is 2020. And beyond “Constellation” the future brings “Metaphora” the culmination experience where we transfer our work with each other in a healthy and healing environment.
To immerse your self in this way of being is embracing the whole body, person and spirit of movement. Then transmuting your body as well as your client’s into better health and movement.
There are no events currently scheduled
There are no events currently scheduled
- FTT Balanced Body Movement Principles LIVE STREAM - May 29, 2020
- FTT Balanced Body Mat 3: LIVE STREAM - June 13, 2020
- FTT Balanced Body Movement Principles: Asheville July 2020 - July 23, 2020
- FTT Balanced Body Reformer 1: Asheville 2020 - July 25, 2020
- Fusion Pilates Pre & Post Natal Teacher Training Bangkok, Thailand 2020 - July 30, 2020